Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Rough Ride

Yesterday's ride was a challenge.   High winds, cold temperatures and a wardrobe malfunction had me feeling sluggish and weak.... but somehow I was the first person to make it in.

I rode most of the day with Lisa from California.  She's biked all over the world and I have really enjoyed getting to know her.  I have posted a photo of her on this post from when we jumped off the bikes and walked a bit of the old Natchez Trace footpath.

Lisa is also a fellow glass artist and I bought one of her pendants.  I put a photo of it on this post. 

Later in the ride I was mostly by myself and it was nice to slow my pace and zone out a bit.  I think I am going to pace myself today and take it easy.

The Inn, The Isabella B&B, where I slept last night was beautiful and cozy, a perfect place to lay my road weary head.  I had a marvelous meal with my tour companions and guides and am really enjoying getting to know everyone. There are so many amazing women on this ride!

It's another cold morning in Mississippi!  I'm hoping the day warms up quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment